Day 2, Wardrobe of Virtues: Kindness "sweet as honey" (originally published on atlasoflight.com)
Kind words are like honey-- sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. - Proverbs 16:24 -
Welcome to day two, where a simple, yet profound virtue awaits us. Reach into your wardrobe and lift off KINDNESS, the second of seven new outfits for your wardrobe.
Let it's ombre just flow off of you today as KINDNESS shimmers, fading from shining golds and oranges into pure white. Set your eyes on the pureness of this powerful, inviting look. This look evokes soft gazes and warm embraces opening up cracks for light to shine in .
- has an Anglo-Saxon origin from "kin" or "child" literally meaning to be gentle and caring as with a child or with family.
- is translated from the Hebrew scriptural word "kheh-sed" which means merciful or gracious.
- is similar to warmth, concern, care, selflessness, altruism, big-heartedness, benignity, friendliness, affection, consideration, benevolence
- is NOT being hateful, ill-willed, or hostile.
- is a burst of sunshine in a dark, rushed world.
- is free and never wasted.
- can change someone's entire day or even their life's course.
- gives the brain a serotonin boost, releasing the chemical that gives us the feeling of satisfaction and well-being.
Give YOURSELF Kindness today by:
- paying careful attention to what you say inside to yourself. Talk to yourself the way you would someone you love.
- lowering the world's unrealistic expectations of yourself and realize you are a work in progress.
- taking care of your 'body, mind, & soul' needs to increase energy and bring more light to your life.
Give OTHERS (I'm talkin kids & family members, too!) Kindness today, by:
- not judging them because they sin differently than you.
- using kind words as they are sweet like honey and healthy for the soul. (Proverbs 16:34)
- acknowledging the gold in someone, when most others only see the dirt.
Maybe you can share the GIVING CARD with someone?
[If you missed the last post: (Wardrobe of Virtues: 7 Days of New Clothes), check it out now and download your FREE Wardrobe of Virtues!}
dearly loved, clothes yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility gentleness, and patience. forgive... and overall put on LOVE.
[adapted from Colossians 3:12-14]
REFERENCES: I referred to a few websites and books in writing of this post: the holy bible, YouVersion bible app, google definitions, thesaurus.com, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/10/facts-about-being-nice_n_5791778.html.